What to Do in Asheville, NC: 10 Things You Must Try When You Visit
By the Reynolds Mansion B&B in Asheville NC
Asheville has long been a popular stop for visitors to North Carolina. Along with its breathtaking natural setting, Asheville is a center of arts and culture. Located between the streets of downtown you will find the most elegant gourmet restaurants, a vibrant arts scene and eclectic shops not seen anywhere else in the state. One thing is certain, Asheville is sure to make an impression on you. Here are the 10 things you must do in Asheville, NC when you visit next!
1. Biltmore Estate was built in 1895, is the most famous symbol of Asheville, and must be seen!
2. Blue Ridge Parkway winds south of the city and offers panoramic views of the Smoky Mountains.
3. Asheville is prized for its non-chain establishments downtown, as shown by the sign in each window that says Go Local. Support Asheville businesses and buy local products.
4. Take a tour. Visit the Chamber of Commerce. Segway tours run daily.
5. Grove Park Inn Spa luxury at its best in the historic Grove Park. The spa is considered one of the best 10 in the U.S. The main building, with its stone facade resembles the early 1900 lodges.
6. Stay at a world-class bed and breakfast and be pampered. At the top of the list is the Reynolds Mansion B&B in Asheville, NC, ranked #1 on TripAdvisor.com.
7. Gallery crawl. Downtown is full of art galleries, and you can find many artist studios in the River Arts District.
8. Visit some great microbreweries: Highland Brewing, French Broad Brewery, Asheville Pizza and Brewing.
9. Eat! The wide variety of options can overwhelm you, but some sites are remarkable, including Zambra on Walnut St. (Spanish tapas).
10. Biltmore Village is a planned community over 100 years old filled with stores, restaurants and galleries.
For more ideas on what to do in Asheville, NC when you visit, see DowntownAsheville.com.
Looking for a place to stay on your visit? Book with us at the Reynolds Mansion B&B in Asheville.